By request, Dr. McDonough will be visiting the Southern Blair Senior Center in East Freedom to teach attendees about the three types of hearing loss and hearing loss treatments.
She will be bringing along several styles of hearing aids and will be answering hearing health questions.
Are you diabetic or prediabetic? Do you care for someone who has diabetes? Join us on November 17th to learn more about managing diabetes and leading a healthy life.
Speakers will include pulmonologist Mehrdad Ghaffari, MD, endocrinologist Haleh Haerian, MD, and clinical dietitian Monica Richers-Kelly.
- Additional information on diabetes, sleep health, and wound care
- A cooking demonstration by chef Keith Auker and registered dietitian Randy Grabill
- Free health screenings, including foot screenings, and hearing screenings by Lemme Audiology Associates
- Voucher for a free A1C test at UPMC Altoona laboratories
- Diabetes and sleep equipment supply vendors
- Door prizes
There is no fee to attend but registration is required. Lunch will be provided.
Register or call 814-889-2630.
The Tyrone-Snyder Public Library offers many classes and events to the Tyrone community.
Stop by the library to see what classes are being offered and get your hearing screened with the Hear4U Screener.