You’re not in this alone. According to the Hearing Health Foundation, 1 in 5 Americans suffers from hearing loss in at least one ear. For support and more information, visit The Better Hearing Institute, The American Academy of Audiology, and Second Sense Hearing.
Signs of Hearing Loss
The signs of hearing loss may be subtle. Because symptoms emerge slowly, they often go unrecognized.
- You notice a sudden decrease in your hearing.
- You must frequently ask others to repeat themselves.
- You have difficulty understanding conversation in groups or when background noise is present.
- You have difficulty understanding women’s and children’s voices.
- You must turn up the volume on the TV or radio.
- You have difficulty determining the location of sounds.