Patients who seek treatment from Lemme Audiology can count on finding a reason to love their Audiologist and trust in them. The truth is hearing is often a second nature to many, meaning it doesn’t always get the attention that’s needed. This is why at Lemme Audiology Associates, we take the time to educate our patients about hearing and hearing loss, how hearing loss impacts daily life, and how treating their hearing loss can improve their overall quality of life.
Our audiologists will listen to your concerns, questions, and challenges and make sure that your treatment plan is the perfect fit. From hearing aid services, to tinnitus, to balance issues, we will find the right solutions for your individual situation together so that you can keep doing the things you love.
Lemme’s state of the art, vestibular/balance center allows us to provide the most comprehensive diagnostic assessments in the region. For patients who are experiencing dizziness, vertigo or balance issues, this comprehensive evaluation provides essential information to determine the etiology, cause and proper treatment for your dizziness or balance issues.
Meet the Lemme Team
Dr. Karen Lemme
Karen Lemme, Au.D. relocated to Altoona in 1988 and since then has helped many patients with their ear and hearing issues.
She loves seeing the amazing positive change in her patients when they go from not hearing to being able to hear and interact with family and friends as well as become re-involved in activities that they avoided due to hearing issues.
Dr. Lemme is a member of the American Academy of Audiology, Academy of Doctors of Audiology and the Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology.
Dr. Amy Greer
Amy Greer, Au.D. earned her Doctor of Audiology Degree from A.T. Still University of Health Science. She offers 30 years of experience providing hearing healthcare with a special interest/focus in tinnitus and hyperacusis management.
Amy resides in Windber, with her husband, Patrick and their laberdoodle, Archie.
When not in the office, she enjoys spending time outdoors gardening, taking her dog for long walks and opportunities to travel with family and friends.
Maddie Myers – Audiology Extern
Maddie is our 4th year Audiology Extern from Bloomsburg University and is on track to receive her Doctorate degree in Audiology in 2024. You’ll see her friendly smile and kind personality around our offices performing hearing, vestibular and tinnitus evaluations.
Fun facts about Maddie: This recently engaged gal enjoys traveling to the mountains and going fishing with her family and pup!
At Lemme Audiology, we understand the importance of being proactive in the community and spreading education about hearing healthcare.
Community outreach events have included:
- Public Seminars
- Educational Sessions for Medical Providers
- Senior Center Hearing Screenings and Education Programs
- Workplace Wellness Screenings
- Health Fairs
- Public Hearing Screening Events on Location
- Media Interviews
Our Audiologists are available to speak to your business or group about Hearing Healthcare.
Featured Community Programs
Mishler Theater Looping System
Lemme Audiology Associates has generously donated a looping system, equipment and the installation of the system at the historic Mishler Theater. The installed Looping system allows individuals with hearing devices to hear and understand more clearly.
“We are delighted to provide greater access to Mishler Theater programs for those who may not have been able to attend in the past due to hearing difficulties. The audiologists of Lemme genuinely cares about the folks in our community dealing with hearing related issues” said Dr. Lemme.
Dr. Karen Lemme represents Lemme Audiology Associates at AMUCS Altoona. AMBUCS is a national charitable service organization consisting of a diverse group of men and women dedicated to creating mobility and independence for people with disabilities.
To find out more about AMBUCS Altoona, visit their website at AmbucsAltoona.com
Dr. Karen Lemme
- Board Certified by the American Board of Audiology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology
- Licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to provide both Audiological and hearing aid services.
Dr. Amy Greer
- Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology, Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology and American Tinnitus Association
- Licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to provide Audiological services
- Completed certification for Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) at Emory University under the instruction of Dr. Pawel Jastreboff, “Father of TRT”
- Certificate holder of Tinnitus Management
- Bimodal Neuromodulation from a program designed at Neromod and Geosensory for Tinnitus
We are grateful for the trust our community and local physicians have placed in us for their hearing health care needs.
This trust has led to:
- Lemme Audiology Associates as Favorite Hearing Aid Professional in the Altoona Mirror’s Hometown Favorite Contest in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.
- Tyrone Daily Harold’s Best Hearing Center for the Readers’ Choice Awards in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- The American Hearing Aid Association’s All the Right Things Award (2015) – This award honors Audiology practices who demonstrate a commitment implanting all the right things to grow their practice and provide exceptional patient care.